Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Actually Helpful Study Tips

Ok so if you go to GirlsLife.com or anywhere else and look at their study tips it say things like:
-get a good nights rest
- eat a good breakfast
-don't cram
- stay organized

These are good and everything but you hear them ALL of the time. Now before i tell you my tips and tricks, I will let you know a little about my "school life". Mostly A's and B's, hate studying and participating in class and homework is horrible! So you might be saying to yourself "ok so I'm about to take advice from this chick about school stuff" my answer: Yes. You want to know why? Because my tips help, especially people like me. So here it goes:

1.) Ok so cramming isn't good, but is it sometime effective? Yes, yes it is.
2.) I know it's tough to stay alert in class but, lets face it, if you don't, the teacher will call on you and you won't know what the heck is going on. So, it's ok to lean your head on your hand, and maybe space from time to time, but try and stay alert. It may be hard but it not only saves you from those embarrassing moments, but you usually retain more information.
3.) Flash Cards, PowerPoints, re-writing the outline, self quizzes. What do all of these things have in common? They are effective for not only kinesthetic learners but also visual.
4.) Use a calender to keep track of tests, quizzes, projects, and homework. It saves you from that "oh my gosh, I forgot we had a..."
5.) Do the harder things first, or last. In other words, have a system. If you like "warming up" before doing your hardest homework, do the easy-est first. Or if you just want to get it over with, do the hardest first and save the easy stuff for last.

Those are only 5 of my tips, so i will probably do another study tips one if people like this. Comment and if you haven't already, follow! Thanks~
-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment